Friday 8 March 2013

Mother's Day Cocktails


Flush with the success of last week's cocktails, using the fabulous Chase Elderflower Liqueur, I decided it was definitely worth using again for today's Mother's Day special. After all, I'm a mother of two and I love it, but that aside, it has a delicate, floral bouquet that seems appropriate for the occasion.




First up is the ridiculously quaffable Elderflower Fizz, which is not only delicious, but so simple to make. I have decided to use Cava for this, but you can use Champagne if you prefer. The addition of Elderflower liquer will significantly sweeten the drink, so do be careful if you decide to use Prosecco, as it can be slightly sweeter to begin with.

Elderflower Fizz

1 oz Chase Elderflower Liqueur
Champagne or Cava to top up  glass

Pour the Elderflower liqueur into the bottom of a champagne flute and top up with Cava - simple and totally delicious!




This next cocktail, was the winner of the May 2012 Vodka Cocktail Contest and with good reason. It is a fruity, herbal mix that is a joy to drink and was inspired by the creator's mother's garden. As ever, I have adapted it slightly, not least because the name made me howl with laughter. The original recipe calls for Grey Goose vodka, hence the name, 'A Goose in Spring'. I can only imagine that in the US, the term 'goose' does not have the same connotations, or perhaps his mother is partial to a goose in spring - who knows? Anyway, I do not have Grey Goose Vodka and I used lavender in the cocktail, rather than infusing the vodka for 6 days and as I am so enamoured of Chase Elderflower Liqueur, I have decided to call it:

Chase in the Garden

3 raspberries
Sprig of Lavender
2 oz vodka
3/4 oz Chase Elderflower Liqueur
1/4 fresh lemon juice


Muddle the raspberries and lavender  in a cocktail shaker
Add the spirits and lemon juice
Fill to halfway with crushed ice
Shake well
Strain into a chilled, lavender rubbed cocktail glass



I hope you get a chance to treat mother to a cocktail or two, this weekend, or even just try them for yourself - they won't disappoint, but please remember to drink responsibly and never drink and drive. Have an amazing weekend xxx



1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Glad to see these mother’s day cocktails. They looks just fabulous. Want to serve different flavoured and tasty wines on my mom’s retirement party that I will throw her at one of San Francisco venues. She will definitely love all arrangements.

    ReplyDelete